About the Historical Society
On the evening of April 17, 1974, twelve people met to review and approve the new by-laws for the New Braintree Historical Society. These neighbors dedicated themselves to collecting, preserving, researching, and displaying materials of local historical interest. Their goal was to establish a museum that would house those materials, stimulating local pride in, and love for, their town. At that time New Braintree had a 223-year history made rich and valuable by the hard work of its families.
Thanks to the continuous work and dedication of many, we have built upon their dream.
The Old Town Hall during the 200th anniversary of the town founding in 1951. Built in May, 1893, the Town Hall burnt to the ground in 1977. The building was the remodeled Cheese Manufacturing Company, which was built in 1882. Photo by Donald Gray
This site is now owned by the Historical Society, to locate a park.
Painted road cows by Robert and June Glidden and Stephine Benoit.
The Brick Store is atop the hill.